Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Post-lunch entertainment

Well, this incident happened a long time ago at my office. One afternoon, I opened my eyes after a short 10 minute post-lunch nap and saw this 'cubicle mate'  X rubbing something on his throat...

Me: Is that Iodex??
X(Grinning): Yeah....
Me: Why? Why are you rubbing Iodex on your throat?
X: Isn't it obvious? Throat ache!! (sniff sniff)
Me: What the *&#@%

How do you feel when things come back and bite you in the butt??

Well, that's what happened to X that day. X spends a good part of his office hours analyzing the 'Cultural impacts of facebook on Indian society' and 'Role of Gmail chat in the modern day socio-economic affairs'. Spam forwards are his specialty. He has this nutty one  in which, by typing in your name in an excel sheet program-of-sorts, it returns the profession destined for you by the stars(LOL). He started off by punching in my name. 'Lakshmi' returned an opinion that I was fit for a career as 'Satan'. No kidding, that’s what it said! But by the grace of God (no pun intended), my name is spelt 'Laxmy'(I remembered my Anglo Indian teacher who thought my name sounded cool spelt this way), and this name returned that I would be a ‘Chef’ or a ‘Neurologist’. Well, maybe I’d be cooking dinosaurs!! Anyway, I thought these were pretty decent professions. X typed in his full name and was delighted to find ‘Supermodel’ lighting up the screen. For the next sixty seconds it was like someone took a bicycle pump and super-inflated his ego. So he decided to call everyone and let them know that he’s destined to be a supermodel. He gathered a sizeable crowd including the all-necessary female population. But this time (underestimating the hidden functionalities of the program), typed in just his first name.


He turned red and crimson alternately as the excel sheet returned 'Anywhere where you can kiss ass…'

I love when life comes and bites you in the butt...such entertainment :-) ;-) :-P

No comments: