Monday, August 22, 2011

Weird world

I just thought I'd drop in a few lines about some things that run through my mind but which don't make any sense or are just not worth bothering.

If I were in your shoes/place - We all must have come across this situation at one point or the other where we are in a predicament or in the middle of a problem or more precisely where we are in deep sh#* and wondering what to do next or how to deal with it, when someone comes over and says in a deep voice "hey...if I were in your place...". Here you are trying so hard to deal with an issue of your own and you have to add to it someone else's imaginary problems? All these "if's" are a whole lot of imaginary scenarios which tend to give the person never dreamt of powers. If a person is looking for a chance to boost his/her ego then I let them do it and later pray that the person is never in my shoes. But if you are a sadist, then pray that the person is in your shoes! Look at it this way - if the "if" made any sense then I'd just walk over to my boss and say "hey...if I were in your shoes/place, I'd give myself a raise" :-) But, funnily enough, things don't work this way.

Assumptions - Funnily enough again, people are born with these. Positive assumptions are always great as they keep you boosted for no particular reason. Then again, negative assumptions are also fine until they become a surety because then they are not assumptions anymore and a fact is rather difficult to handle. Its more like - a baby assumes he is giving us a fun time, a kindergarten kid assumes he is the smartest guy around, a high school kid assumes he is the coolest guy around and understands everything, a college guy thinks pretty much the same plus that he knows what he wants in life. I haven't gotten very far past that point myself even though I am older than a college going kid ;-) So, if I were to update this post in say 15 years from now, then I'd be able to fill out the rest of the human cycle. The thing is that there is no point being bothered about assumptions....and I am just assuming that all this made sense :-)

Selflessness - Ah, this is what I find very funny sometimes. I have felt many a times that there is not one person in the world who has done anything without having their own interest in mind except for our parents. I know that you can quote hundreds of instances of selfless acts by people, by famous personalities. But there are several ways to break it down so that it shows the selfish nature of humanity. Even leaders of mass organizations are in effect working for personal gain. Agreed that other people gain by it too. But that is where I draw the line between the word definition of selfishness and my definition of selfishness.

Frankly, I am totally out of ideas for a post. If I were in your shoes, I'd just read all my older posts, but then again.... :-)

I just noticed that this is my 100th post (and obviously my worst post ever) and its been more than a year since I started writing this blog...Whoa! Can't believe its been this long!! Heartfelt thanks to all the folks who are still reading this blog and also to the new ones out there...Again, I am assuming that I have readers :-P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laxmy, Congrats on your 100th post..i did read 2 posts and they seem good to me. I'll the older posts very soon.

always smile :)

L.R.Iyer said...

@Anonymous - Thank you for taking time and reading my posts. You made my day! Happy reading and looking forward to read more of your comments on my posts ;-)