Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What the eff happened to DD?

Normally while surfing through channels, I NEVER stop at Doordarshan, NEVER. Mostly, there will be either strange-looking aunties talking about dead, boring subjects or some gareeb version of the saas-bahu serials. 


But THAT night, DD was something else. It was playing this 1985 movie - Adventures of Tarzan where Hemant Birje was the beefy Tarzan and Kimi Katkar, the desi Jane.


Let me tell you that I was never surprised by skin show on TV even when when the cable TV came into limelight and channel V and MTV showcased lot of "budding talent" when they started airing programs. But THIS was DD for heavens sake! A few scenes of Kimi Katkar left nothing to imagination, but the fact that those scenes went unedited on Doordarshan surprised me even after all these years. 

What happened to my Duck Tales, Tale spin and The Jungle Book?? What!?



No comments: