Friday, June 24, 2011

Dead man talking?

This incident actually happened with a friend of mine last month. He was going home from the airport in a cab one night. The road was a bit deserted and did not have much traffic. My friend was seated at the back and in order to instruct the driver to take a diversion, placed his hand on the drivers shoulder and called out to him. All of a sudden the driver screamed, lost control of his cab, missed the divider by inches and came to an abrupt stop in front of a tree. 

After a few moments of silence, 

Cab driver - Please sir, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!!
Guy at the back - I am so sorry. I did not realize that a small tap on your shoulder will scare you so much!
After a few moments, the driver replied - Well, I am sorry. It's not really your fault. The truth is that this is my first day as a cab driver.
Guy - Oh! What were you doing before?
Cab driver - I've been driving a mortuary van (carrying dead bodies) for the past 15 years!!

No comments: