Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Singing out loud

The best place at home to sing to my heart's content no matter how horribly I sing?? Hands down, its got to be the bathroom :-)

With the intimate comfort of the space, the wonderful sound effects and the warmth/chill of the shower, this is where most people think they can really sing! I am no exception. If you put me in front of 10 people, I might hesitate. But in the bathroom, you hear a different me. This is one place where I find solace.

Sometimes, bathrooms can be quite misleading, having you believe that you are better than you actually are! Just think about it. It makes you think that you are like a frog in the well i.e you are the master of your domain and no one is mightier than you. Also, you are surrounded by people who either love you no matter what because you are the apple of their eyes or loathe you or have something to gain from you or people who have this weird compulsive habit of lying. And these scenarios give you an absolute comfort and a great sense of invincibility.

But if you want to know your true worth, you have to throw yourself out there into the ocean and learn how to swim. Yes it would be foolish not to be prepared for what you undertake. Its always good to realize very soon that a million people would say you are very good but only a select few would be there to point out the mistakes that you make. I think the best thing to do is to listen to all, absorb what is needed and apply only the absolutes.

And while at it, you have to continue singing in the bathroom. Who knows what it might lead you to....may be the country's next singing sensation or may be yet another eureka moment!! :-)

4 comments:

Anjali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjali said...

and I always thought I was foolish enough to dream of wanting to be Tansen in my nxt life ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips. Once I become a professional singer someday, I think I'll invest some of my money to purchase professional karaoke machines to hone my craft. Keep my finger crossed! :)

L.R.Iyer said...

Thanks for reading the post Melo Smith and all the best...trust you get to purchase a karaoke machine soon and sing to your heart's content :)