Thursday, March 29, 2012

Common Sense Vs Temper

Sometimes, we all are misunderstood and guess what, at the same damn time too! Be it the misunderstanding between friends, siblings, someone you care about or even colleagues, it affects you somehow. When the day has been long, tiring and anxiety ridden and the night just stretches like elastic with loads of anxious moments, you wonder whether to just snap or ignore. I even wonder why I'm even letting things get to me in the first place!!

I sometimes wonder whether the other person is wondering the exact same thing. When you feel angry enough to not want to speak at all, whether the other person is also debating whether to vent out or not. I always remind myself that and rush forward with the olive branch. And then I get angry when this is met with a Kroor Singh look!

Of course common sense tells me that it works better just to let things be until sanity and peace is restored. But, its so very hard to control yourself till then!

4 comments:

Chetan Giridhar said...

Great not to argue and just shut up and remain calm... Sometimes, if you don't argue, the person with whom you are arguing (person for whom you care), gets frustrated more which in turn lets things burning more...which will again come to you in some or the other...

Just a thought :)

L.R.Iyer said...

Yeah agree Chetan. But I feel it all depends on how long drawn or how serious the argument is. What I felt was, when you calm down after all the tu tu-main main, you probably start thinking in a more matured sort of way and probably talk and sort things out.

Sometimes it so happens that when you wrestle with a pig, you both end up getting dirty, but the pig just loves it ;-)

Praveen Bhat said...

Like the line where u mention 'kroor singh' looks :D :D ..

Agree that we just need to leave the water to settle down..

Anjali said...

sadly in my case 'Temper' always prevails ..well, mostly....