Friday, March 16, 2012

I am sorry moth

Today evening, as I sat in the balcony reading, the soft lights of the setting sun hit my face and it really felt wonderful sitting there and enjoying like never before.

Suddenly I felt a soft disturbance on my left hand and nonchalantly I flicked it with my other hand. I then saw something which seemed like a golden powder on the spot where I had felt the disturbance. I searched the balcony and found a small moth lying a bit far from where I sat. It lay there a little crippled and I felt really really bad about what I did. That moth could have been me!

I just wanted to write this down in order to lighten myself from what happened. I just hope I didn't damage the moth too much. One wing is very thinned with the loss of the color. The other lush golden wing told me what a proud beauty the damaged wing once was before I hurt it. The moth is still sitting in the balcony quietly. It flutters and jumps whenever I go near it and try to touch it.

I just hope it is able to recover, fly again and live like before. I really did not intend this. I am so sorry moth!!


2 comments:

Anjali said...

This so reminds of an incident tht happened ages back when I was a young girl..By mistake I had hurt a small yellow butterfly and had felt so bad tht even I had actually written the incident down some where in a book saying how sorry I was...

L.R.Iyer said...

Yeah I felt really bad for what I did even though it was unknowingly. The thing is that, ever since I started loving the tiniest things of nature and admiring them, it hurts much to see them being harmed for no fault of theirs!

The very next day, I got up very early just to check on the moth. And the good thing is that, it flew away right in front of my eyes. Atleast now, I feel less guilty for whatever happened because somewhere in my heart I know that moth would continue living like before :)