Friday, January 27, 2012

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

Everyone keeps secrets. Some have secrets about a crush, about the way they are feeling about someone or something, about some event that happened in their life or even about as trivial as something that they ate on a particular day (which they shouldn't have had). I feel that, regardless of what it is, it is kept a secret because of one main reason - fear of judgement!

We all must have judged someone at one point or the other in our life without even realizing it and must have felt others judging us too. But the funny thing here is that we don't get to decide what other people think or feel about us. They get to decide it all on their own.

I sometimes wonder - if someone judges me and thinks bad about me, then whose problem is it? Should I be upset over something that someone else feels? Would I really want to know all the bad remarks that someone makes about me and be upset over it unnecessarily?

Sometimes I feel that keeping secrets is not that bad either. You never know...it might save a heartache, might help keep friendship tighter, might save a person some emotional attack or even might save us from a judgement that we need not know existed.

However, most times, I think ignorance is bliss :-)

2 comments:

Aditi said...

Hey Laxmi...

Quite a blog and intro madam. The introduction Lines are too good.

And I don't feel you to write in classic literary English as they get too boring...

Great writing... I'd say straight from the heart.

Keep it Up...

L.R.Iyer said...

Hey thanks a ton for the kind words Jasper :-)