Monday, January 9, 2012

Sleepless and why!

Its 1.30 AM and I don't really know why I am not able to sleep. And the weirdest thing is that I am thinking of my school and college days and wondering how time just flies and I can't believe its already 2012. Those days just seem like a fantasy.

Well, I don't really consider them the most prolific days of my life. When I look back, I cant even relate the person I am now with the person I was in those days - so silent, so vulnerable, so naive, so stupid and foolish. And yet...what a time it was!

A time when we were such half-baked human beings...easily shaken by some self imagined demons, always wanting to fit in with the crowd, so dependent on others for acceptance, so many self invented constraints, concerns, worries and so much of self doubt.

Inspite of that, they were still such awesome and wonderful times when we as kids, used to share everything with our friends, when there was no discrimination among the friends, no reading between the lines, no presumptions and no emotional baggage. Was it some kind of an illusion in life's grand scheme of things? Some kind of a mirage or some excuse to make all the gullible mistakes of life, a time where we could be the most stupidest person on earth and still get away with it, a time where we dared to dream the most impossible dreams without even the faintest idea of reality, a time of infinite thick headed optimism where we believed that life would be all rosy and heavenly if we had enough money in our wallets and enough movies to watch, a time of happy illusions where even small ups made us ecstatic and the slightest downs made us so miserable, a time when my definition of a career was just some job that mints me more money, a time when money was scarce but happiness from even small accomplishments was huge.

And it was a time that just flew as if those years were some magical numbers that just vanished from my life's timeline!

Will a time like that ever come back?

1 comment:

Anjali said...

I don't have an answer coz these very same questions and thoughts keep me awake many a nights but yeah, maybe I'm not who I was, maybe those days will never come back but just, maybe there are better days and times ahead waiting for souls like us ... :-)