Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A beautiful night

A silent and a beautiful night had set upon the beautiful house and the surroundings. My escapade to this beautiful place, which is a part of my growing up years, had just turned divine. For as far as I could see from the compound, there was not another soul lingering outside. The sound of the night was clear and crisp to the ears. There was an owl, a few crickets and also a couple of bats somewhere in the trees nearby but they also chose to silently admire the beautiful night for some time. There were some vehicles passing from time to time, but up there, where I sat in my cozy chair sipping a hot cup of coffee, I chose to ignore those sounds and just enjoyed the warmth of the lovely night.

I looked at the moon which was beautiful, at the same time painfully reminding me how drastically my life has changed over the last decade.

I realized, how easily we forget the fact that our pain, problems, illnesses and troubles affect as much those who love us so dearly. The more our family loves us, the more they are hurt seeing us getting hurt!! To some, this might seem silly. But, trust me, its not! We, very seldom stop to even think for a minute how they might have felt or what they might have gone through when we were in a bad shape yet how well they understood and said nothing. That is a BIG thing...ofcourse assuming that we love them back as dearly.

I realized that though the beauty of nature doesn't cure pain, it definitely makes it easier to endure it. I then decided that it was time to really move on. Thinking of someone, I smiled to myself, closed my eyes and sipped away my hot cup of coffee.


3 comments:

Anjali said...

I love the way you express your thoughts !..I've experienced a lot of positive energy when with nature which makes me forget all th epain for a while atleast ....

L.R.Iyer said...

Thanks dear! Yes totally agree with you on this. You look at all the beautiful creations and life forms around you and for a while atleast it takes you to a whole new world and makes you forget all the pain. Now I know the secret to all your wild life and adventure trips ;-) :-P

Anjali said...

hahha.. definitely one of the reasons ;)