Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Find a way around the bumps and bruises

For the sake of those who actually take time off and read my blog (Again I'm assuming I still have readers!) and who care about how I'm doing - Well, folks, I was not well for a while and still at my hometown and relaxing :-)

Today I was reading this article in an online magazine which was about five women who had overcome deadly situations in their life, fought back bravely and still got along with their lives. It said that these women had undergone a double lung transplant, an open heart surgery and yet gave birth to healthy twins, a cancer survivor, a survivor of a deadly bacterial infection and one of them who was a teenager had survived 15 knife wounds which most people wouldn't survive!

This article got me thinking about how people get along with their life. How bravely these women had faced those trying times in their life. Obviously, life is a giant roller coaster ride and definitely not smooth. Some people, when they hit a bump on the road of life, give up and turn around while others find ways to go over or around it. We should all get inspired by those women and never give up on anything.

Life is full of bumps and bruises. Its what we learn from it and what we do with it that makes us what we are :-)

2 comments:

Anjali said...

First of all ..Thanks for sharing else I get to know very late.. :-)

Many such stories touch our hearts and inspire it also teaches us that sometimes when we feel its the biggest hurdle in our lives there are many who at the moment are in a far more worse situation...Life is an extraordinary gift and we have to love,respect and accept it in all humbleness no matter what...

Have you read any 'Chicken soup for the women's soul' books ?? Its filled with such real life stories..

By, the way I did not know u were unwell..Hope you are feeling better.. Take care.. :)

L.R.Iyer said...

Thanks Anjali for being the first to read the post and comment! Yeah totally agree to what you say. Its completely in our own hands as what we want our life to be. I have read some stories from the 'Chicken Soup for the women's soul' books on life improvement and the dilemma's faced by women in every part of the world. Each story gives you something different to think about. There is so much to learn from each experience and each time I am more amazed at their courage to face what they have really gone through!

And yeah I started sharing the posts on Google+ just recently after a friend of mine coaxed me into it. Don't really know what go into me to agree to that ;-)

And yeah I was not well the whole of last week. Just a bout of fever, cough and cold after coming back from Trivandrum! Its just the remains of the cold now which comparatively is a lot better to handle ;-) Thank you :-)