Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ma :-)

Finally the waiting is over...my mom is home after a full 3 months and needless to say, I am super thrilled to have her here with me :-)

I wanted to give her some gift and was thinking what shall I gift her. I got my answer - nothing, simply nothing! I was shocked, but....

Little did I realize that she is the one who shaped me, refined my qualities, taught me to differentiate the good from the bad and made me what I really am today. Which means, I am nothing without her. Can I return her all that? Can I really compensate for all the sacrifices she made for me to make me what I am today? Can I give her back the 26 years that she spent on me? Obviously, the answer is a big fat NO. I wonder often, how can a person keep on giving so much without expecting anything in return?

Growing up, I was always a daddy's girl and was scared of my mom. Needless to say, I miss my dad a lot. I am more attached to my mom now. I know she loves me so much (even though I get scolded by her at least 10 times a day) and wants me to be ME despite everything. I want to be so much like her, but deep down I don't think I can be as awesome as she is. She is truly a gem of a person and I am super lucky to have her in my life.

Love you Amma :-)

No comments: