Monday, December 5, 2011

What the eff am I doing?

Sometimes I have these what-the-eff-am-I-doing moments about the way the things are. I suppose we all do at some point in time.

The thing is, I don't know why I should even bother when I have never really known. My wants have always been little and specific. Some highs have been really highs and the lows - well, dealing with the lows and the losses has always been the toughest.

What I feel really smug about are the experiences! I don't really care sometimes where these stack up against my own standards. Sometimes, it just irritates me because these are the only things I really have or something I've really earned (I am not even sure if earned is the right word here!) - each mistake, each false step, each erratic decision or even the times when I did something right.

My mom says that's what I'll have to treasure. All the ups and downs and dramas, the things, I can't still quite believe have happened. I say it all the time and I say it again - time really flies and you never know how!

Three cheers to the roller-coaster ride that never ends....

1 comment:

Anjali said...

Cheers! to the good times and also for having had the strength to endure bad times in life...