Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reality shows on TV!!

The other day I was scanning the television for some entertainment. It was not surprising that most of the channels including some popular ones were airing mostly reality shows!!

Most of them are game shows, talent hunt shows for music and dance, game shows where families come and earn money, makeover shows, cookery skills show and what not. You name it and they have it on some or the other channel!! Well I agree that they do bring a lot of entertainment to your doorstep but at times isn't it too much to handle?

As I was looking for some entertainment to bust my stress of a long day at work and not having any other choice, I started watching this specific music reality show where they boasted of giving India her best singer. I didn't really understand the concept of audience voting system. As audience they would vote for their favourite contestants right? How would you then come up with the best singer when the person who is really talented and genuine is eliminated just because he/she is in short of a few votes?? In that case the contestants can just come and sing instead of being judged by a couple of famous music directors and singers and then going to the next level based on the audience vote instead of talent.

The channels are popular. People are watching these shows like crazy. Intelligent businessmen are making loads of money by great marketing strategies and by tempting the masses. Sometimes I just laugh that there are people who really spend money and SMS for their favourite contestants. Are they earning anything out of it? All I know is that I am satisfied as I am getting my entertainment to bust my stress and nothing else...

End of the day, that is all that matters :-)

No comments: