Monday, March 14, 2011

Devastating!

I was transfixed while watching the Japan earthquake-Tsunami videos on the TV and YouTube continuously. My God!! What a devastation!!!!!

There are more bigger, important, serious things in life than loosing a watch or a handkerchief. When I heard for the first time that after an 8.9 magnitude earthquake, tsunami waves swept across the northern Japan coast, I thought I could imagine what that was like. But oh God, the videos were shocking. So many heavy containers...houses...ships....cars....people....all washed away!!!

Take a look at the satellite images before and after the incident! Move the blue slider to the left/right.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html?hp

Who are we to think we have so much control on nature?? Some day....we might also need the same safety and security that we have engineered into our infrastructure!!

No comments: