Sunday, March 25, 2018

Washed away by the floods

I stood on the lone big rock watching with alarm the color of water around me changing rapidly from a pale green to a muddy brown. I was trapped there with the water surging all around me and its levels rising at alarming rates! The water rushed with a roar and a wave of debris - leaves, branches, plastic bottles, wood chunks and everything else you could think of tossing around my feet! I just stood there stunned and helpless.

Earlier that day, the sky had been clear. All of a sudden, there was a heavy downpour and all I could see was gray all around.

The volume of water suddenly lifted and tossed me around a hedge. Shocked and tossed, I gasped for breath and tried to keep my head above the water. I was clinging onto it for support. But I was not able to hold onto it much longer. It was getting dark and I could just make out the trees and everything around me as I passed.

I gasped when I saw my Mother, Brother, Sister-in-law and my two little nieces on the shore. They were saying something and pointing something out for me, but I could not hear them over the roar of the water.

The last thing I remember was watching my family on the shore while being washed further and further away from them.

And suddenly, I was going over a huge water fall....

....and waking up on the floor in my bedroom all tangled in the sheets!!

Phew! That was totally insane. 

Well, everyone interprets their dream in different ways. Personally, I'd say, I most definitely have a very vivid imagination :-)


No comments: