Monday, December 5, 2016

Live It!

Most of us are risk takers in life. What I mean by this is that we gamble and bet that someday, we can buy the freedom to do what we really want in life, after we’ve made enough money or pleased enough people. I may be young (hahaha..yeah I am :-P) and for most of my life I didn’t “live it.” I did what everyone wanted me to do. I did what was considered normal and culturally accepted. I feel, most of us do the same thing. We memorize inspirational quotes, give advice (sometimes even when it is not needed or asked for), talk about how everything is possible and sometimes even crib about it. Yet I know for sure that we are only living just a fraction of our capabilities.

“Living it,” might mean different things to different people. For most of us, it means that we find some meaning in life by striving to make a difference, taking chances and being different. However, the truth is that we crave stability, the certainty, the know everything.

In between all this craving and musing, some stuff happens that is life changing! Having been through such a life changing event(s), I know that its very common to feel unsure of oneself and scared most of the time. It is part of life and eventually, we must make the effort to set things right. My father used to tell me that life is not about arriving at the finish line with our well-preserved bodies by avoiding risks and then wondering what could have been. Instead it is all about facing what life throws at you with a smile. We may only live once. But that one time is good enough for us.


No comments: