Saturday, January 25, 2014

Love Me - Love Me Not :-)

I read somewhere today that we can’t hate ourselves into a version of ourselves that we can love!! Its also said that generally there is a lot of pressure in one's culture (in most) which forces people to judge you very easily and fast. These people make us feel as if there is something wrong with us if we’re still single by a certain age or don’t make a certain amount of income or don’t have a commendable social circle or don’t look and act a certain way in the presence of others. This list can go on forever!!

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by such mindless banter happening around me...about me and end up comparing myself to other people. It just tends to get stuck in my head somehow and on many occasions, completely tears apart my self esteem.

Yesterday, while I was beating myself up over something I can’t even recall at the moment, I read an email from one of my anonymous blog readers (I'm surprised people do read my posts) telling me that one of my posts literally got them through the night. Literally!! And if am to go by the intended meaning of that word, this person was basically telling me that one of my posts saved their life!!

I get emails like these once in a while from some anonymous person from somewhere around the world, and they always open my eyes to just how much I matter, regardless of my inner critic’s vehement objections.

Probably, a little self love doesn't harm us :-)

No comments: