Thursday, September 8, 2011

They said "it's up to you"

When I was growing up and was going away to live in a hostel all by my own, both my dad and mom told me a few things which I haven't forgotten even now. Those words really keep me sane always. Dad was in my thoughts throughout the day and I really miss him. Just decided to share the golden words -

We gave you life, but we cannot live it for you.
We can only teach you things but we cannot make you learn.
We can only take you to temples, but we cannot make you believe.
We can only teach and assist you to differentiate between right and wrong, but we cannot decide for you.
We can only teach you respect, kindness and honor, but we cannot force you to show it.
We can only advice and warn you about bad friendship, drugs and alcohol, but we cannot prevent the possibility.
We can only teach you about desire to excel, goals and dreams, but we cannot achieve them for you.
We can only warn you about committing grave mistakes and sin, but we cannot make your morals.
We can only tell you how to live, love you loads as our dearest daughter and pray for you and your future, but IT'S UP TO YOU

Love you loads mom and dad for making me the person I am today.

No comments: