Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What's in a name?

I have thought about this question many times at different points in my life.I have so many nicknames given to me by my parents and friends alike but the one name which I've been carrying around for the past 26 years is Laxmy R Iyer. I am proud of my name. I understood the importance of it very recently.

The other day my neighbour's cute little son came home one evening and I was asking him casually about his school and his friends. He said he had two best friends at school and when I probed him about it, he said that one was a boy whom he called "best friend -1" and the other was a girl whom he called "best friend-2". When I asked him why he did not know their names, he said he forgot to ask their names :-) Now I feel he never felt the need to ask their names! Why?

I have always been of the opinion that a name matters a lot because I am so particular about mine :-)

What say folks??